The days of hubby bringing home the bacon are fading to black as wives increasingly are becoming the bread winners of the household. Jay-Z himself can attest to the fact that B brought home $87 Mill of their collective $122 Mill made between June 2008 and June 2009. With this increase, men are the ones reaping economic benifits from tying the knot. I can't tell you how many times my co-pilot in this thing called relationship has told me he has no problem letting me be his Suga Mama.
"Survey Says Men Marrying Up" Highlights:
- Gender role reversal due to greater education and rising income of women (Yup, she's the head of the household and hubby wears the apron)
- In 1970 4% of wives brought home more cheddar. That rose to 22% by 2007
- In 2007, 28% of wives are more educated than their husbands. In 53% of marriages, both husband and wife are equally educated (They probably met in freshman orientation, or at some frat party, and just hit it off).
- Unemployment has hit men much harder and in 2008 men accounted for 75% of the decline in employment. But on the bright side, women are making up half of the workforce. (Part of their evil plan to take over the world... bruh-hahahahahaha)
- There's a marked decline in married adults because of the rising rate in divorce (Duh!! But they definitely made this a point in the video lol)
- January is the most popular month for divorce because the credit card bill was sky high from Christmas and the wife, since she makes more, said I ain't paying this $h!t just because I'm BALLLLLLLINNN'. Ok the video didn't say that was quite the reason why (just my 2 cents). The video says it's because the family didn't want to ruin Christmas with discussion of divorce AND what better way to start a new year than with an untying of the knot.
SB (Sponsored by Beyonce): Don't gimme no lip, let mama do it all!!